Oneway East

Friday, May 19, 2006

Storm

Not that the weather is that interesting a topic generally, but it's certainly been noteworthy. Thew seasons are all wrong right now. We generally have at least one intense storm a day. I got caught in one the other day when I was riding. A lightning bolt crackled right over my head with the immense thunderclap sounding a heartbeat later. THe other morning around five, some noise woke me up and I looked towards my window to see my green curtains chattering straight into the room like a superhero's cape. I got up to close my window and pull in my laundry, and I found a pack of dogs had taken shelter on my porch. It was pretty intense.

Annoying about htis is it's completely lousing up the visibility in the water because of all the silty runoff. Haven't been able to go snorkeling on the reefs yet. I've tried, but the island's tides don't make any sense either. There's only one high water and one low water a day, not the two that we're used to. At low tide, the water is so shallow you couldn't drown yourself in it if you tried, never mind swim. Ah well. I'm going to go scuba diving and I think they'll take me out in a boat to where it's a touch deeper.

Haven't put any pictures up in a bit because the computers are kind of shitty most of the places I go and they won't do it. Or the connection is so ungodly slow that I'd be waiting for a month. And paying for it by the minute.

If any of you needs to call me my cell number here is 062779093. I believe you dial 011 + 66+ my number.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Counter