Oneway East

Saturday, May 06, 2006

West

I've been feeling my way around this ridiculous metropolis, learning to understand how it works. I've gotten some interesting insights from some westerners who've been living here a while. Actually, was chatting to one of them about doing a documentary here. If it works out, that could be great. It's been noted that work has many benefits. So I've heard.
Also interesting are some of the horrible stories about Western men people having Thai women as girlfriends. I mean, about the Thai women. The best one was probably told to me by a Canadian expat named Tyler, who told me a story of a girl whom he'd been dating. One evening he said to her, "You know, tonight, I think I'm just going home. I don't want to come over." Apparently that was unacceptable. A heated argument ensued which was terminated by Tyler jumping into a passing cab and telling him to step on it. The woman chased the cab and was pounding on it with her shoe, at which point the cabbie hopped out to stop her from damaging his car. The woman hops into the left rear door, shoe at the ready, so Tyler jumped out of the right rear door and ran the other way and jumped in a new cab, which had enough of a head start that he lost his pursuer.

Wow. Not taking no for an answer. To a whole new level.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Counter