Oneway East

Monday, September 18, 2006

Callback

One little bright note the other day- I was sitting bullshitting with Howard and my phone rang. Someone witha Lao accent said, "Is this Mr. Tom?" I said sure, who's this? He said, "I am Manophet's student. You paid for my education. I called to sya thank you very much."

Wow. Who knew. I donated a few hundred bucks to my friend's school up in Phonsavanh a couple of years ago because he had several students who couldn't afford the tuition. It's a private english school. So the proof is there before you: The student called me and spoke to me in decent English to thank me for paying for his English-language education. It worked. He speaks English. I'll meet him when I go up to Xieng Khouang/Phonsavanh in early October.

That was nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Counter