Oneway East

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Vacation

Took a weekend completely off. But nothing seems to have happened in my absence. An American vacation-hanging out with an American in my guesthouse. But it makes sens- motivation to work was flagging after my intensive session in Xepone on the Ho Chi Minh Trail. So now, theoretically recovered from that burst of waning motivation and back to it.

Heading to Bangkok on the 20th- there's a reunion of old sodiers from the entire second indochina war theater of you-name it, a bunch of old men getting back together to get drunk and tell stories. And excellent opportunity for me tp pick up some stories. Buy a computer in Bangkok, then I might take a little retreat to Ko Pha Ngan to see my friends and work and catch up. I do miss my friends. Wanting some regular familiarity is somewhat normal, I think. These temporary social pods that form are entirely deliberate: solo travelers looking for some stuff in common, some company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Counter