Oneway East

Monday, May 22, 2006

Half

Went to the Half Moon party, which was nowhere near as big as the Full Moon. This island is like a barnacle filtering financial nutrients from the monthly ebb and flow of the Full Moon tide. Around Full Moon, the place is packed. Away from the Full Moon, it gets much quieter. Quiet is still a relative term when you're talking about Haad Rin though. There's always some people who want to play there, even if it only looks like a pale ghost of the seven thousand strong full moon crowd. So, the good part is the Half Moon was fun. And I also met some nice girls. The bad part is the day after I fell and gashed my shin a bit. Four stitches, nothing major, and the whole thing, anesthetic, antibiotics, sutures and painkillers all for 500 baht!! So I had to postpone my diving course until the skin is all knitted back together. The stitches come out after one week, so maybe then. I'll have to bop over the Ko Samui on the ferry to get my visa extended a little. No biggie. I still want to do th diving course here since it's supposed to be quite nice here, and the cheapest place to do it. The intstructor Phil is a nice English guy who comes recommended by my friends.

So the little Ko Pha Ngan jaunt is getting to be a bit longer than I'd thought. It's all right. I have time. Part of the purpose of this trip is to have to freedom to adjust my plans to the situation and not vice versa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Counter