Oneway East

Friday, September 29, 2006

Daydream




Back to Ko Pha Ngan, what my sister described once as, "the island that exists only in daydreams." Taking a work-and-play retreat. Frankly hadn't gotten much done lately except for the reunion. Brought my computer though, I'll be doing some work with the material I've got when I'm not enjoying seeing my old friends again or the little tropical island paradise. It breathes happiness into your soul, getting out of places like Bangkok and Vientiane, back to the jungle, the sky, the sun, and the sounds: the constant humming vibrating backdrop to everything, the grunting lizards, the whistling birds, the crking frogs, the insects, the insects, the insects. I missed all those sounds when I left the first time, three months ago now, hard to believe as it is. Widget,the ugliest puppy in the world has grown up into a reasonably ugly dog, but not a contender for the title. So she's doing better. Unfortunately not the same story for two of my favorite dogs, who were killed by cars in my absence.

Off to cook a feast for my friends.


love to all from daydream island. Tom

1 Comments:

At Sat Dec 02, 11:16:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must be sad to know that two of your dogs died when you were not there...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Counter