Oneway East

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Renew


I've healed up, gotten out into my own place, and am working again. At last. Fortunately, I have the luxury to be able to lag until the urge strikes to work. Not forever. Just for now.

Optimism about a self-powered project is a funny thing. Comes and goes. Can't predict when or why. This time, I thin I'm generally cheered up by a few different things. I'm pretty much healed up, with one oozy exception. I moved out on my own and have much more contact with strangers than I did. And paradoxically, paying attention to America has made me more excited about being here, largely through some lively correspondences with friends back home started while I was convalescing in a place with full-time internet. The monsoon rains are in full force here, but when they're not, it's gorgeous. I'm living on the beach. That's my view when you step out my door of my little bungalow.

A, the woman who runs my guesthouse said something funny to me when we were hanging out yesterday. She was telling me about what kind of guys she likes. She said, "I want him fat, balding, and starting to get old. That way he can't cheat on me." Fair enough. Her previous marriage didn't go so brilliantly I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Counter