Oneway East

Monday, October 15, 2007

dome


My dome got me a wife. Can't say that about many geodesic domes. See, The week before Burning Man, I was at Alex's parents' house in California, working my ass off building a dome in the backyard to bring with us to the desert. That was the first time I spent any time with her parents, and I think it made the proper impression, showing them I knew how to bust my ass and make something, and not just something, a shelter for me and their daughter.

See, when we got back from the desert, we said, "there's something we want to tell you guys."

Her mom wasn't sold at first, but her dad was pretty much behind me all the way.. Which I appreciated. And I think a lot of that had to do with having seen me get shit done in the backyard. So this dome got me hitched.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Counter